With the DampTronic® select two-stage damper system, thyssenkrupp closes the gap between conventional, passive shock absorbers and elaborate, electronically and infinitely adjustable dampers. The advantage: in vehicles with DampTronic® select, by using a switch on the dashboard, the driver can alternate between two suspension configurations – e.g. standard or sports suspension.
Thanks to a great reduction in system costs, this system is an attractive proposition for even the compact and small car segments.
- Low-cost, two-stage electrically adjustable damper
- Optional algorithmic switch for changing manually to the sports characteristic
- Only slightly more expensive than a conventional damper design
- Compact design with integrated piston
- Normal characteristic defined as for conventional
- Minimal power demand in the normal characteristic
- Piston diameter: 32 mm